In appreciation of its important role within our communities, we are very closely-aligned to the education sector. Our teams act for primary and secondary schools, school management bodies, education insurers, third level institutions and parents and students within the education system. Many of our solicitors are current or former members of various educational Boards of Management – so our expert knowledge is combined with practical experience.
While we understand the very specific regulations and legislation that apply to the world of education, we also appreciate that many issues that arise are deeply personal – and need to be handled accordingly.
The areas of law in which we work include:
- Judicial review.
- Alternative dispute resolution.
- Schools structure and governance.
- Equality law and discrimination.
- Disciplinary proceedings.
- Employment law.
- Data protection and freedom of information.
- Health and safety and personal injuries.
- Property law issues.
- Admissions and enrolment policies.
Some examples of our work in this sector: * Advising the Department of Education on the transfer of a site for the construction of a school.
* Advising a school principal on formulating a response to a data access request involving sensitive information.
* Advising on lease of property within school grounds to a private company.
* Drafting individual employment contracts and advice on HR policy.
* Advising on child’s right of access to special needs assistance.