Licensing and Gaming
Legislation that affects the hospitality industry is an ever-changing landscape – while the law governing gaming is highly niched, requiring singular expertise and experience. MHP works with hotels, pubs, restaurants as well as bookmakers, lottery operators and sports organisations, providing the essential in-depth knowledge.
The aspects of licensing and gaming law covered include:
- Transfer of licences – both temporary and ad interim.
- Application and enforcement of Gaming and Lotteries Act 1956.
- Special exemptions and extensions.
- Applications to the District and Circuit Court.
- Special Restaurant Certificates.
- Licence renewals.
- Revival of lapsed licences.
- Amendments and increase of licensed areas.
- Employment law.
- Festivals, events and occasional licences.
Some recent examples of our work in this sector:*Assistance with the lease of licensed premises including ad interim transfer of licence and subsequent confirmation.
*Advice to sports club on fund raising and lottery requirements.
*Circuit court appeal in respect of conditions imposed under a gaming licence.